By Skipwish Registry On 21 Nov 2022
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, but it sneaks up oh so quickly! Inevitably, even in November, the relatives are already asking you, “What’s on your Christmas List?” You are likely still swallowing the last bite of cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving, and have not thought at all about Christmas list ideas.
We can help.
Let’s go over some great options for Christmas List Ideas. Specifically, two great structured Christmas List Ideas assisting you in categorizing gifts, making it easier for you to fill out.
The timeless, “Something I want, Something I need”, is back in fashion due to both the rising costs caused by inflation, and the minimalist trend. For those who don’t know what exactly this is, let’s first unpack (pun intended) these gift options as a Christmas List Ideas.
Here is a run down of how this works and some reasons to go this route:
- Something I want - You’re not relegated to put only one thing on this list. In fact, giving multiple price point options for friends/family is the most respectful way to go about it. From the newest tech to simple toiletries, build a list filled with variety!
- Something to read - Regardless of age, books are always a great gift to both receive and give. It could be a leisure read or something specific to school or career.
- Something to wear - Much like the first category, it’s both fun and gracious to list a wide range of gifts. From gloves to gucci, it should span the spectrum.
- Something I need - I would personally find my way to this list first. What a great feeling to get someone a gift they truly need. That broken toaster isn’t going to fix itself!
Another Christmas List Idea acronym we designed, is the H.E.A.L.T.H, option:
- Healthy - Our gluttonous holiday lifestyle lends perfectly to the gift of health. The annual New Year's Resolution to drop 10 LBS is only a few weeks away…why not get a head start with some great health gifts!
- Educational - From learning a new language to the history of your favorite city. You can purchase audiobooks or even lectures on any topic from the famous teaching company. So many options for fun educational gifts.
- Altruistic - The gift of giving may be the best of all. Donating to a charity you feel connected to, or even signing up for some assistance at the local shelter warms the heart of everyone involved.
- Leisure - It could be sports related like a tennis lesson or a pass to that local zoo or museum you drive by on your way to work and always wonder about. Maybe tickets to your favorite sports team.
- Tech - Tech always comes with the scare of big dollar signs. Sure, you can ask for the newest IPad, but the little gadgets are great too. How about a Digital Cooking Thermometer or Wireless Charging Station? So many other tech utilities we overlook.
- Home - In the age of Zoom, UberEats, and NetFlix, we are spending a lot more time in the house. Making sure you have all the trimmings, decorations, and necessities to help build that comfortable safe space.
H.E.A.L.T.H. Christmas Gift List
Look no further if you need some great Christmas gift ideas to add to those lists.
Creating these lists on Skipwish is so unbelievably simple. Search, click, add…boom. You can use the EZ gift add feature to put any gift on the internet into your list(s). Then you can share with friends and family through social media or email. Skipwish also makes recommendations on our popular gift ideas page based on event and other variables. They can design their own lists as well, and make them public or private. Earn cashback rebates for purchases also!